China has arrested three bloggers questioning the number of soldiers killed in Galwan Valley.
Snapshot of Galvan’s video
China (China) has accepted the talk of its soldiers killed in a bloody conflict in Galwan Valley on 15 June last year. The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China said that four of its soldiers were killed in the incident. At the same time, now three bloggers in China have been arrested (Arrest), who have questioned the Chinese interpretation of the conflict in the Galvan Valley. According to media reports, investigative journalist Qiu Ziming (38) was arrested in Nanjing on Saturday.
It is worth mentioning that China, who kept silence on the struggle in Galvan Valley for nine months, on Friday accepted the talk of the soldiers killed in this incident. In fact, the Chinese Army honored five soldiers of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) over the conflict in Galvan Valley. Four soldiers killed in this incident were also involved. In addition, a commander of the Chinese side was also injured in the clash. Earlier, China had not made any disclosure about the number of its soldiers killed in the skirmish.
Qiu Jiming believes the death toll is high
At the same time, investigative journalist Qiu Jiming questioned the number of soldiers killed in the conflict by the Chinese government. Indian Army officials had said about the clash that 45 Chinese soldiers were killed in it. At the same time, this was a claim which was repeated by former Chief of Northern Command Lt Gen YK Joshi in several interviews last week. This Chinese blogger was skeptical of China’s claim and felt that the number of soldiers killed was high.
The remaining two people were arrested
Qiu Jiming questioned why it took more than eight months for the Chinese government to accept the number of soldiers killed in the skirmish. Whereas the Indian side gave a final farewell to the martyred soldiers soon after the incident with full respect and revealed the number. Some reports have said that another journalist has been arrested for raising a similar question in Beijing. It is alleged that it has insulted the soldiers killed. On the other hand, a third person has been arrested in Sichuan over a post that insulted the PLA jawans.
Also Read: Galwan Clash: Dragon Claims – Four Chinese Soldiers Killed in Bloody Clash, Name Released for First Time