Market crash: Last week, the 30-share Sensex of BSE came down by 2,943.02 points or 5.42 percent. On the other hand, the Nifty of NSE lost 908.30 points or 5.61 percent.
Mcap of Top 10 Firms: Amid strong selling in the stock markets, the market cap of the top 10 Sensex companies fell by Rs 3.91 lakh crore last week. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Reliance Industries suffered the most during this period. Last week, the 30-share BSE Sensex fell by 2,943.02 points or 5.42 per cent. On the other hand, the Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) lost 908.30 points or 5.61 percent.
At the global level, the trend of selling in the market has continued for the past several sessions due to rate hikes by global central banks, withdrawal of foreign funds and jump in crude oil prices. The market cap of the top 10 Sensex companies collectively declined by Rs 3,91,620.01 crore last week.
Agnipath Scheme: What is Agnipath Scheme? Who can apply? From holiday and canteen facility to insurance cover, all the details
who hurts how much
- TCS suffered the most in the last week. The market cap of TCS declined by Rs 1,01,026.4 crore to Rs 11,30,372.45 crore.
- The market position of Reliance Industries declined by Rs 84,352.76 crore to Rs 17,51,686.52 crore.
- The valuation of Infosys stood at Rs 5,83,846.01 crore with a loss of Rs 37,656.62 crore and that of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) at Rs 4,14,097.60 crore with a loss of Rs 34,787.49 crore.
- HDFC Bank’s market position declined by Rs 33,507.66 crore to Rs 7,16,373.13 crore and that of HDFC by Rs 22,977.51 crore to Rs 3,72,442.63 crore.
- The market capitalization of ICICI Bank declined by Rs 22,203.69 crore to Rs 4,78,540.58 crore.
- The valuation of Hindustan Unilever (HUL) declined by Rs 20,535.43 crore to Rs 4,96,351.15 crore.
- The market position of State Bank of India (SBI) declined by Rs 18,563.19 crore to Rs 3,93,575.37 crore and that of Bharti Airtel by Rs 16,009.26 crore to Rs 3,53,604.18 crore.
Agnipath Protests Live Updates: Congress’s Satyagraha against Agnipath at Jantar Mantar, Rahul Gandhi said – Prime Minister responsible for this condition of the country
top 10 companies
Reliance Industries remained in the first place in the list of top 10 companies. It was followed by TCS, HDFC Bank, Infosys, Hindustan Unilever, ICICI Bank, LIC, SBI, HDFC and Bharti Airtel.