Kabul Airport Blasts LIVE Updates: At least 90 people were killed and more than 150 people were injured in serial bomb blasts on Thursday evening at the international airport of Kabul, capital of war-torn Afghanistan. 13 American soldiers have also been killed in this attack. The rest of the people killed in the blasts are believed to be Afghan nationals.
The dreaded terrorist organization Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for the attack on Kabul airport. IS has claimed through its Telegram channel that Islamic State Khorasan (ISIS-K) is behind the attack on the airport. ISIS-K has said it was a suicide attack. Earlier, the US Defense Department had expressed the possibility of Islamic State being behind the attack.
Worldwide condemnation of the attack
This attack on the people of Afghanistan has been condemned all over the world. US President Joe Biden blamed Islamic extremists for the attacks in Kabul and vowed to avenge the lives of those killed in the attack, saying that we will punish you (the attackers) by arresting them. Biden said that we will find and kill whoever is behind this attack. He will pay the price for it.
The President said that we will neither forget nor forgive him. Terrorists can’t stop Americans from doing our jobs. We will not stop our mission in Kabul and will continue to get people out of Afghanistan safely. He further said that no evidence has been found so far of complicity between the Taliban and the Islamic State in the attacks on Kabul airport. Biden said that we will rescue American citizens from Afghanistan.
Kabul Airport Blasts LIVE Updates: 90 people including 13 Americans killed in Kabul blasts, ISIS takes responsibility
Biden said that those who carried out this attack and intended to harm America, keep in mind that we will not spare you. We will not forget this. We will catch you and punish it. I will protect the interests and people of my country. The President said that ISIS-K was behind the horrific attack on the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul and a hotel near it.
Officials said more than 60 US military personnel were injured and the number could rise. The Indian government has also condemned the Kabul blasts. India said that these blasts have once again highlighted the need that the world needs to come together against terror.
UK Defense Secretary Dominic Robb has said that such cowardly acts cannot stop the UK from doing its work in Afghanistan. Apart from this, French President Emmanuel Macron has issued a statement condemning the Kabul terrorist attack and saluting those who are working relentlessly on the mission to evacuate people in Kabul at such times.
At the same time, NATO Chief Secretary Jens Stoltenberg described the incident as a terrible terrorist attack and said that it is our priority to get out of their people as safely as possible. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres also condemned the attack, saying the incident underscores the instability on the ground in Afghanistan.
On the other hand, in a statement, the Islamic terrorist organization Taliban, which occupied Afghanistan, also condemned the attack, saying that it took place in the area controlled by US troops. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told the BBC that we (the Taliban) have not suffered any damage. This incident took place at a place which is under the control of US Army.
Facebook us for social media updates (https://www.facebook.com/moneycontrolhindi/) and Twitter (.) to follow.