The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has received e-KYC (e-KYC) services for National Pension System (NPS) shareholders from the Revenue Department. NPS is a pension scheme for the organized sector. With strong returns in NPS, your money is also safe. NPS customers have received returns from equity ranging from 12.5% to 17% in 1 year. Whereas, NPA customers have got 10 to 15% returns through investment in government bonds. Apart from this, tax rebates are also available to customers in NPS.
Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, in addition to Rs 1.5 lakh, NPS subscribers can get an additional exemption of Rs 50,000. Any person can open an NPS account while in a job. A lot of documents are no longer required to open a pension account. Now you can open a pension account only with the help of Pan Card. PFRDA has made the process of opening an NPS account extremely easy.
Need these documents
A PAN card is required in JPEG format to open an NPS account. Keep its size between 4KB to 2MB. Also keep a scan copy of the cancell check. Apart from this, keep the details of the bank account to which NPS is to be linked, such as bank account number.
How to open online NPS account through PAN
To open an online NPS account, go to the e-NPS portal enps.nsdl.com and click on the option of National Pension System.
– Then click on the New Registration button and select Individual Subscriber.
– After this, Tier 1 and Tier 2 option will appear. If you already have a Tier 1 account, select Tier 3. But if you are opening NPS account for the first time then select Tier 1.
– After this, select PAN in the drop down menu and enter the PAN number. After this, your KYC will be verified and in return you will be charged a charge of Rs 125.
– After this, click on the option to generate acceptance number. An OTP will come to your phone. Verify this.
– After inserting OTP, click on Continue button and enter captcha. After this, the enrollment number will be generated, on which your name will also be generated.
– After this, the user has to fill his personal details. Then the bank details will be sought from the user. After this, a permanent retirement account number ie PRAN number will be found. With this help, you can log in to NPS account.