Suspended Assistant Inspector of Police (ASI) of Mumbai Police Sachin Waze (Sachin Waze) on Wednesday tried to present a letter in the special NIA court, in which he directed former Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh (Parambir Singh) The former supported the allegations leveled against Home Minister Anil Deshmukh. At the same time, he also made serious allegations against Shiv Sena leader and Transport Minister Anil Parab in Maharashtra government.
According to The Indian Express, Vazhe alleged that Parab asked him to initiate negotiations with a trust facing the investigation and asked the trustees to recover Rs 50 crore to close the investigation, along with alleged fraud in the BMC list The contractors were also asked to make recovery.
Vazhe’s lawyer Raunak Naik said that the special NIA court did not take the letter given on April 3 into the record directing Vazhe’s legal team to follow proper legal procedure.
Anil Parab denied the allegations and said he would not resign, stating that he was ready to face any investigation. He termed the allegations as part of a conspiracy by the BJP to malign Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray and the MVA government. “These are false allegations. I swear to both Balasaheb and my daughters and want to tell the people of the state that the allegations are false,” Parab told the media.
In his letter, Waje said that the then Home Minister Anil Deshmukh had told him that “some agitators” had objected to the restoration of Waje in the Mumbai Police in June last year. He said Deshmukh told him that NCP chief Sharad Pawar wanted him to be suspended again.
Vaje further told that Deshmukh said that he would explain to Sharad Pawar not to suspend you again, but he asked for two crore rupees from Vaje. Vaje further said, “I expressed my inability to pay so much money, then the Home Minister asked me to give the money later.”
Vazhe claimed that Deshmukh invited him to his official residence in January. “His PA Kundan was present there. The Home Minister told me that there are 1,650 bars and restaurants in the city and he asked me to collect Rs 3-3.5 lakh each,” the letter said.
Waje said that when he said that it was beyond his scope, Kundan told him that if he wanted to retain his job, he would have to do it, but Vaje still refused. Vazhe said that he told Singh about it and he instructed him not to engage in such activities.
In the letter, Vazhe told about a meeting at Parab’s official bungalow in July-August last year. According to him, at this meeting, Parab asked him to “initiate initial negotiations” with a Mumbai trust against which the investigation was going on and asked the trust to pay Rs 50 crore to close the investigation. Vazhe claimed that he expressed his inability to interfere with the trust’s investigation, as he had no control over it nor did he know anyone from the trust.
He claimed that later, in January, Parab talked to him about a list of contractors who defrauded BMC and asked them to recover “at least Rs 2 crore” from about 50 such contractors. Waje claimed that he did not find anything suspicious while checking the list of BMC contractors till their transfer after the Ambani case in March.
For social media updates, we need Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/moneycontrolhindi/) And Twitter (.).