If you have sent any money and the money has not reached the beneficiary’s account, then you can inquire on the customer care number of the bank. The UTR number of that transaction can be asked by the customer care employee. We have given information on UTR number related to Banking Transaction in the previous article. Some of our readers wanted information about the UTR number of transactions done through UPI (Phonepe, Google Pay, PayTM, Amazon Pay etc.).
In this article, we will know that what is the UTR number of transactions done through Phonepe, Google Pay, Amazon Pay etc.? How can we check it on our mobile or in the bank account statement? What is UTR Number in Phonepe and Google Pay? How to check It? First of all let us understand briefly what is UTR Number?
What is UTR number in PhonePe and Google Pay?
When you transfer money from one bank account to another, the money transfer system issues a unique number for that transaction. This unique number is known as UTR number, reference number or transaction number according to the different modes of transaction.
If you have sent money through NetBanking (NEFT or RTGS), then the unique transaction number or reference number issued for it is called UTR number, but for IMPS and UPI transactions, the UTR number is not issued. Rather, only reference number or transaction number is issued for them. It is of 12 digits. The first digit of each reference number is the last digit of the year issued at that time. As if-
- The first digit of the transaction number will be 0 for all the transactions done during the year 2020. Such as- UPI/ 012569076543, PI/095674896389
- The first digit of the transaction number will be 1 for all transactions done during the year 2021. Such as- UPI/105896765432, 165789549567
- The first digit of the transaction number will be 1 for all the transactions done during the year 2022. Such as- UPI 205896765432, 265789549567
Its time and date are also recorded in front of every transaction. In the below steps to check UTR number, we will also show the sample of reference number of UPI transaction and also showing their screenshots.
How to Check UTR Number of PhonePe and Google Pay Transactions?
You can use one of the following methods to know the UTR number of transactions done with the help of Phonepe, Google Pay, PayTM, Amazon Pay, BharatPe or any other UPI app-
View Bank SMS on Mobile
If you have done that transaction recently, then its information is sent by your bank to your mobile number through SMS. for example-
- For a transaction done on 31st December 2021, the transaction number from the message was as follows- Rs.1 Credited to A/c …3518 thru UPI/136518760200 by navneet.gunman_. Total Bal:Rs.552.25CR. Avlbl Amt:Rs.2539.21(31-12-2021 18:41:11) – Bank of Baroda
- Similarly, for a transaction done on January 3, 2022, see the transaction number received from the message – Rs.10 transferred from A/c …3518 to:UPI/20030658556. Total Bal:Rs.102.25CR. Avlbl Amt:Rs.88.21(03-01-2022 18:23:27) – Bank of Baroda (See screenshot below)
View transaction history of UPI app
The UPI app from which you have transferred or received money, there is also a transaction history somewhere on the top or bottom of the homepage. By clicking on it, the records of all the previous transactions will be shown to you. Click on the transaction whose UTR number you want to know. You will see all the details of that transaction. They also include the UTR number. (see screenshot below)
View Bank Statement Online with NetBanking
If you have taken netbanking facility with your account, then login with the help of username and password. If you see the mini statement or statement in the dashboard, then the record of the past transactions will be shown. His UTR number or transaction number or reference number is also entered in each record. You can also do this work with the help of the bank’s mobile app (see below screenshot)
View transaction records in your account passbook
If you print the passbook of your bank account, then the records of all the transactions are recorded in it too. In this also the UTR number or transaction number or reference number of your every transaction is entered.
Reference numbers are also there for electricity bills or recharge
Reference numbers are also issued for recharge, bill payment and online transactions. The number of digits of their reference number may vary according to the company taking the payment.