If you have forgotten your PF account password, you can create a new one. Similarly, if someone else has seen your password or has come to know in some other way, you should also change your password. Because after logging into the PF account, much important information related to you can go out and it can also be misused. In this post, we will know how to change the PF account password online? How to change the password of the EPF account online.
Keep in mind that: EPFO, now provides all the services related to the PF account of the employees through the UAN portal. To use any service or facility on it, you only need a UAN number and password. With one UAN number, you can link all your PF accounts. There is no need to change the UN number on a change of job.
To change the password of the EPF account, the UAN number is mandatory. If you have forgotten your UAN number then you can refer to this article presented on our website: Forgot UAN: How to find UAN number from mobile number.
How To change PF account password?
You can change the password of your PF account online, in a few minutes, by visiting the UAN portal of EPFO. For different password problems, there are different solutions. Here we are giving information about 3 ways to change PF password-
- Without a login EPF account How to create a new password?
- By login EPF account How to create a new password?
- How to change PF account password if mobile number is lost?
Change password if you have forgotten
If you do not remember the password, you can create your new password by following the steps below.
- step 1: Open the Unified Portal of EPFO on your computer or mobile. Its link is- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Step 2: The login box of Universal Account Number (UAN) member e-SEWA appears on the right side of its homepage. Here you have to leave the boxes of UAN Number, Password and Captcha blank.
- Click on Forgot Password at the bottom of this login box.
- Step 3: In the new page that will open in front of you, enter your name in the blank box in front of UAN. Enter UAN Number.
- After that enter, enter the blank space in front of the captcha code (looking at the captcha image above). While filling the letters in the CAPTCHA image, the uppercase and lowercase letters of ABCD should be entered after carefully going through them.
- Click on submit button about it.
- Step 4: On the next page you will see your UAN number and below that the mobile number registered in your PF account shows the first two digits and last two digits. If you want to change the password on this mobile number OTP then click on the Yes to order button.
Step 5: In the next second 6 digit OTP number will be received on your mobile, enter it in the OTP box given below and click on Verify button. Once the OTP number is verified, you will get the option to create a new password.
- Step 6: Two boxes appear in front of you to enter a new password. Previous New Password Enter your new password in the box if the following 6 conditions are met while creating the password. Also, make sure that you can remember the password. The necessary conditions for password generation are as follows-
- Your password must be at least 7 characters long.
- You can create a password of up to 20 characters.
- ABCD must consist of at least 4 characters. also note that
- There must be at least one capital letter.
- There must be at least one small letter.
- There must be at least one special character (@#%^&*etc.).
- Counting must have at least two digits (such as 1, 2, 3…).
- Then in the blank box next to Confirm Password at the bottom, re-enter the same password you entered in the box above. After that click on submit button.
- Step 7: After doing this, the process of creating a new password for your PF account is completed. On the computer or mobile screen, you will also see the message of Password Changed Successfully.
- A link to login also appears with the message. You can also check to login with your new password by clicking on it.
Change password after your login UAN
If someone has come to know about your password, or as a precaution, you want to create a new password, or want to create a simple password, then you can also set a new password by login to your EPF account. The necessary steps for this are as follows-
- Step 1: Open the Unified Portal of EPFO. Its link is- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- Step 2: The login box of UAN member e-SEWA appears on the right side. Login by entering your UAN number and password in it.
- Step 3:Appears on the header above the “Account” button. Then click on that Change Password option will appear. Click on it.
- Step 4: On the new page you get three blank boxes at the top and bottom.
- Enter the old password in the blank box next to the old password.
- In the blank box next to New Password, enter the new password.
- Enter the new password again in the box next to Confirm the new password.
- Step 5: Next, click on the Update button at the bottom. This will change your password and a message of Password Update Successfully will also appear on the screen.
Change password, in case mobile number lost
If your mobile number is lost or stolen, then you should first of all take care and change the mobile number in the EPF account. After that you will also be able to create a new password for your PF account with the help of the new mobile number. Its steps are as follows-
- Step 1: Open the UAN portal and click on forgot password present on the login page
- Step 2: UAN No. And enter the captcha code and click on submit button.
- Step 3: On the screen you will see your UAN number and your previous mobile number. At the bottom where the mobile number given above is written in front of ‘Do you want to send OTP’, click on the button instead of Yes No.
- Step 4: Now you have to fill in some personal details about yourself. As if-
- Name (Enter the same spelling as recorded in your EPF account.)
- Date of birth
- After that Click on the button Verify.
- Step 5: Verify (validate) the details provided by you on the UAN portal If you do, in the next step you also need to verify the Aadhaar or PAN number (either one can be selected).
- Step 6: Now you have to enter the new mobile number in the given space. Also, to ask for OTP on the new mobile number, click on Get OTP.
- Step 7: A 6 digit OTP will be sent to your new mobile number. Enter it in the OTP box Verify Do it
- Step 8: OTP verified successfully message will be received on your mobile number. After this, you will also get the option to enter a new password.
- Enter the new password in the box next to New Password
- Then in the box next to Confirm new password, re-enter the same password you entered above.
- After that click on submit button.
This completes the password conversion process of your PF account and a password change message appears on the screen.