In order to provide the best treatment to every citizen of the country, the Government of India has started the system of online safe-keeping of health records of every citizen. These health records will be recorded on the Health ID Number (Health Identification Number) of every person, on the basis of which the right treatment can be provided to him.
To operate the Health Account Number linked to this Health ID Number, a card will also be issued to you. What is this health ID card? What are its benefits? In this article, we will know. Along with this, you will also know how you can make your health ID card? What is a Health ID Card? What are its benefits and other useful information?
What is a Health ID Card?
A health ID card is actually your digital health ID card. It is linked to your Unique Health ID number, which records systematic and systematic details of all your past life health-related problems or diseases, diagnosis, and their treatment. Based on this record, a doctor can determine the right course of action and the right medications for your treatment. But, it can be used only after the consent of the patient.
Under the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) of the Government of India, a Health ID card is to be issued to every citizen of the country. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched this campaign on September 27, 2021.
Who can apply Any person, who wants to store his/her health records online, can create his/her digital health ID and use the digital health card. Every person is given a 14-digit unique health identification number.
Benefits of digital health ID card
Keeping a National Digital Health Mission ID card or Health ID card has the following benefits-
Digital health records: You can view your health records anytime. From hospitalization to treatment and discharge, all the details are recorded online in it. With this, you can understand what medicines to take and which ones to avoid.
Personal Health Records (PHR)You can also add your Personal Health Records (PHR): With your Digital Health ID. This prepares your long-term health history.
Access to Digi Doctors: Through your Health ID number, you can show your health history and records to verified Digi doctors.
Secure and private: The digital platform provided to keep your health records is prepared in a very secure and encrypted manner. With this, your health record or other details cannot be seen or known by any other person or organization without your consent or permission.
Consent-based access to your health data may be shared with relevant parties only with your consent. You also have the right to manage that data or to revoke consent.
Easy signup process: In this, the process of creating an account or creating a health ID is very easy. You can create your health ID online sitting at home with the help of just your Aadhaar number or driving license.
Voluntary opt-in and opt-out: There is no legal requirement to create a Health ID. It is only up to your wish whether you want to create your Health ID or not. Even after creating a Health ID, you can opt-out of it if you want. And erase all your data.
How to make a health ID card online?
You have 3 ways to get a Health ID card. At your convenience, you can get a Health ID card made by using one of these methods-
- By visiting the NDHM website
- By visiting NDHM’s Health Record Mobile App
- By visiting government hospitals, private hospitals, community health centers (CHCs) or wellness centers authorized by NDHM
Now we also tell you how to make an online health ID card by visiting NDHM’s website-
Digital health ID card registration online process
At present, on the website of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM), there is a facility to generate health ID card in two ways-
- With the help of aadhar number
- With the help of a driving license
First of all, we will know how to make a health id card with the help of aadhaar number
- Step 1: Open the NDHM website on your computer or mobile. Its link is- https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/)
- Step 2: On the page that opens in front of you, the link of Creat ABHA Numbe r appears on the top right side. The same link also appears in the middle of the page. Link to one. Here ABHA stands for Ayushman Bharat Health Account Number.
- Step 3: On the next page two options appear under Create ABHA Number
- Using Aadhaar
- Using Driving Licence
- After clicking on the button of Using Aadhaar, click on the button of Next.
- Keep in mind here that with the help of your Aadhaar number, you will be able to complete the process of making a Health ID card only when your mobile number will be linked to your Aadhaar number. Because for the verification process, the OTP number is sent on the same mobile number. If the mobile number is not linked, then you should go to the Ayushman empaneled hospital or wellness center and get a health ID card made.
- Step 4: In the next step, you have to enter your Aadhaar Number, and by clicking on the checkbox before I agree, you have to consent to the use of Aadhaar related data.
- After this, click on the check box made before I am not a robot and click on the button Next.
- Step 5: A six-digit OTP number comes on your mobile number, enter it in the OTP box. And click on the Next button.
- Step 6: In the next step, some details related to your Aadhaar number are displayed on the screen. Such as name, date of birth, gender, photo, address, etc. If it is OK then click on the Next button.
- Step 7: In the next step you have to enter your mobile number. There is also an option to enter your E-mail ID in this sequence. But leave if you want (Skip for Now) by pressing the button). Or if you want, you can also do e-mail verification by entering the e-mail ID and clicking on the button of getting OTP.
- Step 8: In the next step, your health ID card number is written on the screen. Its message also comes to your phone through message. (see screenshot below)
- Step 9: Now you can create your Health ID card by logging in with this Health ID number (ABHA Number) or with the help of your mobile number. In brief, its process is as follows-
- Go to the Health ID portal of NDHM. Its link is- https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/
- Look only on the first page, where there is already an A number? Logic is written. Click on Login Button.
- In the next step, you get the option to ask for OTP on a mobile number or ABHA number. For ease, you can select your mobile number.
- A 6-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Verify it by entering it in the OTP box.
- Your Health ID card will appear on the screen. Below is the button for Download ABHA Number. Download your Health ID card by clicking on it and saving it. (see screenshot below)
Making a Health ID Card with the help of a Driving License
If you do not have an Aadhaar card or Aadhaar number, then you can also get your health id card made with the help of a driving license. But, on applying in this way, you only get the Enrollment Number.
With that Enrollment Number (enrollment number) and your driving license, you have to go to the empaneled hospital or health center of Ayushman Yojana. There the hospital staff will first certify your identity proof, and after that your health card will be made and given.
- Visit the official website of NDHM. Its link is- (https://healthid.ndhm.gov.in/)
- Click on the link Create ABHA Number.
- Here you get two options-
- Using Aadhaar
- Using Driving Licence
- In this, click on Using Driving License
- In the next steps, you have to verify your mobile number and driving license with the help of OTP.
- After this, you have to enter your personal details (name, address, gender, date of birth, address, etc.).
- After all this process is completed, you will get an Enrollment Number.
- With that enrollment number and your driving license, you will have to go to the nearest health center or hospital associated with the Ayushman scheme. There, after authenticating your identity, your Health ID card will be generated.