Digital Locker, also known as Digi Locker, is a kind of virtual locker in which you can access your documents such as educational certificates, driving license, birth certificate, passport, life insurance policy, health policy or motor policy, PAN. You can digitally store necessary documents such as policy documents including cards, voter IDs. It was launched in July 2015. In this, the user gets 1GB of dedicated space in which you can store your required documents securely. It is linked to Aadhar Nohar.
The biggest advantage of Digi Locker is that it relieves the hassle of moving the document physically anywhere. Through this you can share your documents with anyone electronically. To save a document in DigiLocker, first you have to scan those documents, you can click the photo of those documents and save it in DigiLocker. With this, you can write a short description about the document, which will benefit you.
How to create a Digi Locker Account
• First of all visit the digitallocker.gov.in website. But first of all make sure that your phone number is registered with Aadhar or not. If the phone is not registered then you will not be able to use it.
• Then click on Sign Up and enter your name, birth date, registered mobile number or email ID, password. You must create a password yourself.
• Then enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number. As soon as you enter the Aadhaar number, you will get 2 options. OTP and fingerprint. You can use any of them.
• As soon as this process is complete, you will be asked to create a username and password, with the help of which you will be able to login to DigiLocker.
Upload documents like this
• After logging in to DigiLocker, two sections will appear in your personal account.
• In the first section, certificates issued by different agencies, their URL (link), date of issue and option to share will be available.
• At the same time, in the second section there will be a certificate uploaded by you, their short description and the option of share and e-sign.
• Choose the appropriate option from the given options to upload the document.
• If you want to upload the certificate, then click on My Certificate. After this, click on the upload document and select your certificate.
• Then fill in the information requested. In this way, you can upload all your documents to the digital locker.