Car insurance is compulsory coverage, which can be bought via online or offline methods. There are several ways to check car insurance policy status. With the new-age digitalization, checking car insurance policy status has also extended online. Let’s find out more about it!
Check Policy Status via The Insurance Provider
After making the payment, if you don’t receive an update regarding your policy, you can contact the respective insurance provider via the following ways-
- Customer care of the insurance company- Contact the customer care of the insurance company and specify the details for the car insurance. They will help you check the policy status within a limited time period.
- Visit the branch office- You can visit the insurer’s branch directly to acquire the policy status. Provide all the details along with your policy number as required.
In case your insurance provider does not help you sufficiently, you can directly seek help from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. You can contact them for comprehensive guidance regarding the same.
Check Car Insurance Policy via IIB
If you want to check your car insurance online, make sure you tap on the IIB web portal to do so. Let us check how to do this properly.
- Visit the Insurance Information Bureau web portal.
- Enter the details as per the requirement.
- Tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- At this point, the insurance policy details will be visible to you. If it is not visible, then you might be able to view the previous policy details.
- In case you are unable to receive any information, so try searching via chassis number or vehicle engine number.
Check Car Insurance Policy via VAHAN e-services
A potential alternative to the IIB web portal is VAHAN e-services. So, if the Insurance Information Bureau is unable to provide the necessary help due to some reason, you can use this method to check your car insurance status. Follow the instructions carefully to do so:
- Visit the official page of VAHAN e-services. Once you reach the page, click on ‘Know your vehicle’ details.
- Now, enter the vehicle registration number and the verification code.
- Click on ‘Search Vehicle’
- At this point, the insurance expiry date will be available to you. Other details of the vehicle will also appear in this process.
Check Car Insurance Policy via QR Code
For all tech-savvy people, checking car insurance via QR code is the easiest and the simplest means to do the needful. Every car insurance has a QR code now that was made mandatory earlier by the IRDA. All you have to do is scan the QR code, which will display the car insurance details and status immediately.
Quick tip- Any policy without a QR code can be a risky affair. Please consider it a major red flag.
Check Car Insurance Policy via RTO
If you want to check your car insurance status offline, contact the Regional Transport Office (RTO) for further details. Make sure you give them your vehicle registration number to proceed with the insurance details.
With such a wide variety of methods, insurance companies have made it easier for individuals to check their car insurance status without facing any hassle. You can opt for your preferred means to do the needful. However, make sure you follow the instructions carefully to receive instant results.