Talking about “Cancer” can instil fear in the toughest of individuals. Nobody, even in his/her worst dream would ever want to get diagnosed with this dreadful disease. Being one of the life-threatening diseases, the cost of treatment has also gone up in recent years. If we talk in simple terms, then the treatment cost for a cancer patient now has the potential to wipe out a common man’s entire life savings. Therefore to overcome this unfortunate event, you need a cancer insurance plan that will ensure you are financially prepared to fight the battle.
List of Top Five Cancer Insurance Policy
However, while choosing a cancer insurance plan for yourself, it is highly important to opt for a plan with a high sum insured that will provide sufficient funds during the time of crisis. Here are the five best cancer insurance plans in India you can choose from.
1. ICICI Pru Heart/Cancer Insurance
This plan ensures that you are financially secure during cancer treatments as well as heart ailments and that too at affordable premiums. The plan includes free cancer screening, chemotherapy cost, PET-CT scans, targeted therapy, medications, apart from hospitalization, recovery and living expenses thereafter.
|Entry Age||18-65 Years|
|Policy Term||5-40 years|
|Max. Sum Assured||Rs. 50 Lakhs|
Benefits of this plan:
- Without burdening your pocket, make yourself financially secure with the high cover that this plan provides.
- Under this plan, you are eligible to get 100% payout on diagnosis of major cancer conditions. In case of minor conditions (such as early-stage cancer), you will be entitled to 25% of the sum assured, irrespective of actual medical bills.
- Once diagnosed with cancer, you don’t have to pay a further premium and will continue being covered for the entire policy term.
More Info: https://www.iciciprulife.com/content/dam/icicipru/brochures/heart_and_cancer.pdf
2. HDFC Life Cancer Care
HDFC Life Cancer Care is a comprehensive cancer plan that provides financial protection against both minor and major cancer conditions. Under this policy, you can choose from the 3 plan variants- Silver, Gold & Platinum.
|Entry Age||5-65 Years|
|Policy Term||3-85 Years|
|Max. Sum Insured||Rs. 50 Lakhs|
- Waiver of Premium in case of diagnosis of early-stage cancer.
- Offers lump sum payout on diagnosis of major and early stages of cancer.
- Receive income benefit on the diagnosis of major-stage cancer under Platinum option.
- Avail tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
More Info: https://www.hdfclife.com/health-insurance-plans/cancer-care-insurance
3. Religare Cancer Insurance
Religare Cancer Insurance provides coverage to the policyholders irrespective of the stage or type of cancer. The policy also offers medical coverage for early detection tests and regular health monitoring programs and provides lifelong protection at unbeatable prices.
|Entry Age||5-50 Years|
|Policy Term||1, 2 or 3 years|
|Max. Sum Insured||Rs. 2 Crores|
Benefits of this Plan:
- During every policy year, the insured can take a second opinion from the international medical experts.
- Covers pre and post hospitalization medical expenses, which means expenses incurred 30 days before the hospitalization and 60 days after discharge are covered.
- Under the alternative treatment coverage, the plan covers Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha & Homeopathy treatments.
- All the doctor consultancy fees and other medical charges are covered under this policy.
More Info: https://www.religarehealthinsurance.com/cancer-insurance.html
4. Max Life Cancer Insurance Plan
The plan covers all the stages of cancer, be it first or last. In the case of early detection, 25% of the initial cover amount is paid upfront, and all the future premiums are waived off. If detected at a major stage, the full cover amount is paid with an additional 10% as income for the next 5 years.
|Entry Age||25-65 Years|
|Policy Term||10-40 years|
|Max. Sum Insured||Rs. 50 Lakhs|
Benefits of the plan:
- Get comprehensive protection against all stages of Cancer (including early, major, and critical stages).
- Get immediate payout upon diagnosis of cancer, irrespective of the stage of cancer you are diagnosed with.
- Increase your sum insured by 10% for the first 5 claim-free years at no extra cost.
- The tax benefit on the premiums paid is exempt under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
More Info: https://www.maxlifeinsurance.com/content/dam/corporate/Brochures/health-plans/English/Max-life-cancer-insurance-plans/max-life-cancer-insurance-plan-prospectus.pdf
5. LIC Cancer Cover Plan
LIC Cancer Cover Plan is a non-linked and non-participating health insurance plan that offers regular premium payment and ensures financial protection if the insured individual is diagnosed with any of specified Early or/and Major Stage Cancer during the policy term.
|Entry Age||20-65 Years|
|Policy Term||10-30 years|
|Max. Sum Insured||Rs. 50 Lakhs|
Benefits of the Plan:
The following benefits are payable during the policy year under an in-force policy:
1. Early-Stage Cancer:
(a) Lump-sum benefit: 25% of the applicable sum insured shall be payable.
(b) Premium Waiver Benefit: Premiums for the next three policy years or balance policy term whichever is lower, shall be waived from the policy anniversary coinciding or following the date of diagnosis.
2. Major-Stage Cancer:
(a) Lump-Sum: 100% of the applicable sum insured less any previously paid claims in respect of early-stage Cancer shall be payable.
(b) Income Benefit: Other than lump-sum benefit, income benefit of 1% of applicable sum insured will be paid every month for a fixed period of next 10 years irrespective of the survival of the insured. However, in case of death of the life assured during the policy tenure, the remaining payouts (if any) will be paid to his/her nominee.
(c) Premium Waiver Benefit: All the future premiums shall be waived from the next policy anniversary and the policy shall be free from all liabilities except to the extent of Income Benefit as specified above.
More Info: https://www.licindia.in/getattachment/Products/Health-Plans/LIC-s-Cancer-Cover/Sales_Brochure_Cancer_Cover_05-03-2020_CC.pdf.aspx
With the substantial increase in the probability of getting cancer, the cost of treatment has also gone up in recent years and has the potential to wipe out a common man’s entire life savings. Thus, investing in the best cancer insurance plan is the most secure option to make sure that you are covered financially while facing such a critical condition.