If you have worked in more than one company, then their EPF accounts are different, when you leave one company and start a job in another company, then your new PF account is opened. In such a situation, either you can withdraw the money from your previous account and then you can transfer the money from the previous account to the new account? You can complete this process by applying at the nearest EPFO office, or you can also complete it online with the help of UAN portal or UMANG app. In this post we will know how to transfer PF money online? How to transfer PF Online. Steps in Hindi.
Online PF transfer process
How to transfer Your PF online
You can transfer money from your previous PF account to the new PF account in a few minutes by logging into the UAN portal with the help of your UAN number and password. Its method is as follows.
- Open the UAN portal on your computer or smartphone. Its link is- https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- After signing in, click on the Username (UAN Number), Password and Captcha Key button.
- With this you get logged into your PF account. Your name, UAN number etc. appear on the dashboard.
- Click on the Online Services button in the top bar of the page that opens in front of you.
- From the dropdown list of options that opens, click on the One Member One EPF Account (Transfer Request) link.
- Step 3: The first section of the page that opens contains instructions for online transfer requests, which must be completed. We are giving their meaning here-
- Along with your UAN number, KYC details should be completed i.e. identity, address, Aadhaar number, PAN number etc.
- Fund transfer facility can be availed only once for any old PF account number (member ID). Bank account number and IFSC code should also be entered.
- Before proceeding with the process of online PF transfer, please check your personal details as shown below. If all of them are correct then only proceed with the process.
- Another section shows the personal information related to you such as name, mobile number, email id, bank account number, IFSC code of the bank branch, Aadhar number etc.
- In the third section, details related to your current PF account (current account details in which the transfer will be effected) like -UAN number, PF account number, company name and address, PF account opening date, PF office, your name, date of birth , father’s or husband’s name, etc.
Step 4: On the same page below two steps have to be completed-
- In the first step, you have to select the PF account number, whose money you want to transfer to another account. In this, you can select either the PF account number with the previous employer or the PF account number with the current employer.
- In the second step, click in the check box before a declaration sentence. It is agreed that you agree to provide your Aadhaar Number, Biometric and/or One Time PIN (OTP) data for Aadhaar based authentication for the purpose of establishing your identity and for online claim submission.
- After that click on the button of Get OTP. OTP will be sent to your Aadhaar linked mobile number. After seeing it, put it in the box with Enter OTP and click on the submit button.
- Now that employer will verify your EPF transfer request. After this you have to fill Form 13, in which some details related to old job and new job have to be filled.
- Take out a copy of that filled form in pdf format, attested with your signature and submit it to the company in whose PF account you want to transfer money.
- When the claim is submitted by the employer then the request will be immediately sent to either previous employer or present employer based on the option chosen while applying for PF transfer.
- The company or institution digitally approves your EPF transfer request. After this, the money of the previous EPF is transferred to the new EPF account with the current company.
In how many days PF gets transferred?
How many Days It will Take to Transfer PF Online
If you have filled Form 13 and submitted it to your company, then the money from your previous account should be transferred to the new PF account within the next 20 days. However, most of the claims are settled within 10 days.
If your money does not come within 20 days, then you can complain for it on the EPF grievance portal. We are also giving its link here – https://epfigms.gov.in/Grievance/GrievanceMaster
After visiting this link, you have to choose the option of PF Member. after that you claim-ID or UAN number With the help of this you can know the process done on your application.
PF transfer status and their meaning
During the EPF transfer process, a Tracking ID is also generated. You can use it to check the status of the application. To know how, see our article: How to check PF claim status?. The status on PF transfer claim can be as follows-
- Pending at employer: That is, your claim form is lying with your company. Approval is yet to be received.
- pending at EPF office” That is, your claim form has been approved by the company. But approval from PF office is yet to be received.
- Actually, when your PF transfer request reaches the concerned regional PF office, it is checked whether there is enough money in your account or not. If everything goes well, then approval is received from there. And the money in your PF account gets transferred. All this process itself takes time.