A rights issue is a way for a listed company to raise funds by offering additional shares at a discounted price to existing shareholders.
PVR Ltd said that it will use the net proceeds from the issue for the repayment or prepayment of the principal and/or interest of certain borrowings availed by the company. It may also use the proceeds for general corporate purposes.
PVR had 845 screens in 176 cinemas in 71 cities in India and Sri Lanka with an aggregate seating capacity of approximately 1.82 lakhs seats as of 31 March 2020, according to a CRISIL report.
Details on The Issue
- Issue opening date: 17 July 2020
- Issue closing date: 31 July 2020
- Date of allotment of shares: 11 August 2020
- Date of listing of shares: 14 August 2020
- PVR Ltd is offering up to 38,23,872 rights equity shares, aggregating up to Rs 29,979.16 lakh
- The issue price is Rs 784 per share with a face value of Rs 10. At the time of application, shareholders need to pay full-price of Rs 784 per share.
- Every shareholder who held 94 equity shares on the record date will be entitled to get 7 rights equity shares. The record date for the rights entitlement is 10 July.
- The last date for ‘On Market Renunciation’ by the eligible employees is 24 July. Renunciation allowed eligible employees to refuse to subscribe to the rights issue and let it lapse. One may renounce the shares in favour of another person instead of letting it lapse.
- The Rights Entitlement Letter will indicate the number of rights equity shares that the eligible equity shareholder is entitled to.
- Axis Capital is the lead manager and the registrar to the issue is KFin Technologies.
How To Apply For PVR Ltd’s Right Issue Online?
Resident investors can visit R-WAP (accessible at https://rights.kfintech.com/pvr) and fill the online Application Form available on R-WAP in electronic mode. Provide DP ID, Client ID (in case the rights entitlements have been credited to the Demat account of the shareholders by the registrar at least two days prior the issue closing date), Folio number (only for resident eligible equity shareholders, who hold equity shares in physical form as on record date and not furnished the details of the Demat account), PAN details and all other details in the online application form.
- Prior to making an application, ensure that you have enabled the internet banking or UPI facility for your bank accounts and that your bank account has sufficient funds. According to FAQs issued by the registrar, the online application will be rejected if the funds available in the bank account are less than the total amount payable.
- R-WAP is a non-cash mode mechanism and accepts online payment only.
- The online payment using internet banking or UPI facility should be made from the shareholder’s own bank account only, as payments from third party bank accounts will be rejected. Application money will be adjusted for either allotment or refund.
- Non-resident investors are not eligible to apply in the issue through R-WAP.
The article is not a solicitation to buy, sell in securities mentioned in the article. Greynium Information Technologies Pvt Ltd, its subsidiaries, associates and the author do not accept culpability for losses and/or damages arising based on information in this article.